Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthdays

When we have birthdays it sometimes creates mixed emotions. In my case it’s always a positive, for it focuses lots of attention on me and reminds me how lucky I am... how blessed I am to have reached 64 (last week!) and feel like 40 (until I look in the mirror!). Then I get cards and phone calls from friends and family. My 5-year-old grandson Carter was born on the same date, and he helped his mom make my favorite dessert. My thanks to all who helped make my birthday a special event in my life. They say you can judge a man by his friends – I hope that is true. Again, I think you all (or is that y’all), it is appreciated to the fullest.

Tai chi thought of the week:
Before I sleep I spend a moment thinking about all the nice things that I will be doing tomorrow. In the morning before I get out of bed I again think about all the nice things I have to look forward to today. It is a great way to start the day. Try it!


Stay centered, enjoy the day, and be careful out there.
Sifu Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you (both) had a happy birthday!

"A champion is not the man who wants the ball with one second left on the clock and the score tied. The mark of a TRUE champion is the man who wants the ball with one second left on the clock and his team down by one." - Larry Bird