Saturday, November 29, 2008

Practicing Discipline

Discipline is the ability to obey yourself. Most of us would agree that discipline is an important attribute. Discipline helps us stay focused and enables us to meet our personal goals. So how do we develop the ability to have discipline in our life? Try following my method -- Each month I decide to increase or delete something that adds to my health or my spirit. For example: in December I will be doing pushups and I will be adding omega 3 to my diet. I will do this six days a week during the month of December. So each month I am rewarded with both the physical benefits of what I do and the psychological uplift of knowing that I am a disciplined person, that I am obeying myself. You might want to start with something important but reasonable in effort. Start with just seven days, and each month add a week. Have fun and take your time as you add this wonderful practice to your life.

Tai chi thought of the week:
During these difficult times, try to remember what Theodore Roosevelt said: "Do what you can-where ever you are-with what you have!" It’s a great way to make the best out of any situation.


Stay centered, enjoy the day, and be careful out there.
Sifu Mike

No comments: